Thursday, November 1, 2012

Random

What exactly do you want? And I don't mean a throw away statement like financial freedom or to fall in love. I mean what exactly do you want? I ask because the other side to the question is want to know is what are you going to pass up in your life, what are you going to give up and what are you going to say no to?

What I am getting at is what some people call their line in the sand, some their mission statement. 

Can we just get what we want, can we just pick it and be happy, or is there a greater force in play that we have to align with or at least consider? 

Is just picking something going to give you the drive and motivation to get it. Personally at the moment I feel like I'm trying to listen to myself to find what I want, so I can go after it. But something tells me that I'm not correctly listening if I am expecting a certain result.

Back to what we don't want, when you think of your future what do you think of?

Poor, lonely, unhappy... What about more tangeable things, maybe instead of what do you want, how about what can't you live without?

And when I say this I include things such as convenience, luxuries, ease, not just ideals and principles that people always seem to be idolising.

How do we find the answer to this, what we cant live without. First thought in my mind was to find a situation which is different from our day to day. Where we need to be proactive about how we rank things in our life and what we select, if only given certain choices. Be less comfortable in certain terms.

This is just food for thought at the moment, but also another way to look at an age old question about our lives, meaning and happiness.

Hope this helps,

Joe Hann

2 comments:

  1. My computer table gets filled full of shit if I don't deal with the bills other random mail and errands I'm slowed to do.

    Maybe my life is like that too. Full of shit that is in the maybe pile, and not in the definite yes or no pile.

    Maybe instead of a yes or no I should give a time answer. Do I want to be involved in x? 20 mins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying no to something does that get you closer to your 'mission statement' though? If you don't know what your ms is?

    ReplyDelete